The Top 10 Things I Will Never Do
A Reverse Bucket List
I am not an adventurous person. Those who know me would never say my name and adventure in the same sentence (or conversation for that matter). Some might say I’m quite boring. I always pick the safe route, the risk-free route, the quiet route. I have never really gone anywhere, and I’ve never been outside of Canada before. I’m happiest being at home, and although there are a few places in the world I have always wanted to travel, I’ve never wanted to do anything dangerous or dare-devilish. Exciting to me is a good old fashioned rock concert, or a day at the Calgary Stampede with the kids. Some people have a Bucket List of exciting things they want to do before they die, but I have Reverse Bucket List of exciting things that I NEVER want to do!
In no particular order, these are the top 10 things that I never want to do. Ever. Just give me a good book and a cozy place to read at home or some time to binge watch Supernatural or Gilmore Girls on Netflix, and I’m content!
- Sky Diving. Jumping out of an airplane is not at all my idea of a good time. Bravo to those who can do it, but I’ll keep my feet on the ground thanks!
- Going on a Cruise. I have a really strong deep-seeded fear of large bodies of water. I don’t like boats, and I don’t like swimming.
- Going on a tropical vacation. I don’t like the heat. The sun is not my friend. I can burn in less than 2 minutes, and I can get heat stroke at temperatures as mild as 20˚ Celsius. I prefer cooler weather.
- Rock Climbing (Mountain Climbing). Its high, its dangerous, and its definitely outside of my ‘safety zone.’
- Scuba Diving (here is my deep-seeded fear of water again).
- Going on a Hot Air Balloon. Too high up, TOO HIGH UP!
- Swimming in Natural Waters (lakes, rivers, oceans). I don’t know how to swim (really) and as mentioned I have a deep-seeded fear of bodies of water.
- Getting a tattoo. Now don’t get me wrong, I LOVE tattoos. I have a huge appreciation for tattoos. A tattooed man (or woman) is a beautiful thing! My oldest son has one, the boys dad has many. Even my Mom has tattoos. But for me, its just not going to happen. All those needles…all those needles!
- Going Hunting. I will get my meat from the grocery store, thank you very much! No judgements (unless you kill for sport and then this is me judging you), but killing my own food is just not for me!
- Eating Sushi (or anything else I consider to be gross). I barely eat cooked fish let alone raw fish. I’m a very unadventurous eater (and like it that way)!
I know what you’re thinking! You think I must be a pretty boring person! And you’re probably right. I’m a homebody, and am happiest when I am close to home where I feel safe and secure. I’m not a risk taker (I don’t even gamble, not even the scratch tickets!), and I’m okay with that. I’ll leave the risk taking for someone else!
What are some of the things on YOUR Reverse Bucket List? I’d love to hear them!
Andrea resides in Calgary, Alberta, and is the proud mom to five boys between the ages of 6-22. Running mainly on coffee and sarcasm, in her spare time she enjoys listening to Canadian Rock, watching Calgary Flames hockey, reading YA Dystopian novels, binge watching 90s television on Netflix, and entering contests.
Need social media management? Looking for an enthusiastic ambassador for your brand? Connect with me to discuss potential collaborations at amomsperspectives AT yahoo DOT com.