Apple Fritter Cake Squares
Red Copper Skillet Cooking
I love books. Real books, made of paper, that I can touch and keep on a self, and that includes recipe books. I am always looking for quick and easy recipes, and the Red Copper Skillet Cooking Cookbook is full of easy recipes my family will love. Thomas loves to help me out in the kitchen, so I let him pick any recipe in the cookbook for the two of us to prepare together, and he picked Apple Fritter Cake Squares.
From searing, broiling, braising, sautéing, stir frying, roasting, and baking, your Red Copper™ Pan can do it all. Plus, it’s oven safe up to 500°F. Get the most out of your Red Copper™ Pan with the Red Copper™ Skillet Cooking cookbook. Best-selling author Cathy Mitchell serves up her favorite quick, easy, and delicious recipes. Categories include Breakfast & Brunch, Appetizers & Snacks, Dinnertime Favorites, Sizzling Side Dishes, and Delicious Desserts. Try an easy breakfast recipe like Sausage, Egg And Biscuit Bake, easy appetizers like Falafel Nuggets and Beer Batter Tempura, or quick and easy dinner recipes like Bacon-Crusted Hawaiian Pizza and Easy Chicken Parmesan. Red Copper™ Skillet Cooking makes cooking with your Red Copper™ cookware fun!
- Includes hundreds of recipes
- Breakfast recipes
- Brunch recipes
- Easy Appetizers & Snacks
- Dinner & Sides Recipes
- Metric Conversion Chart in back
- Specially created for Red Copper™ pans
- 128 pages
- Hard cover
Apple Fritter Cake Squares
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans coarsely chopped **
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp milk, divided
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Preheat over to 350˚F. Combine brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and walnuts in small bowl; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and butter in large bowl; beat with electric mixer at medium-high speed 3-5 minutes or until blended and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth. Combine flour and baking powder in medium bowl; stir to blend. Beat flour mixture into butter mixture alternately with 1/2 cup milk.
- Toss apples with remaining 1 tsp cinnamon. Stir apples into batter; pour into Red Copper Square Dance Pan. Sprinkle reserved brown sugar mixture over top; swirl batter with back of spoon.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until well browned. Meanwhile, whisk powdered (icing) sugar and 1 tbsp milk in small bowl until smooth and well blended. Pour glaze over cake; cool completely. Cut into nine squares.
** Due to the boy’s personal preference, we left out the walnuts/pecans. We have no allergies, they just don’t like them.
To learn more about Bulbhead, visit them online or connect with them on social media!
If you are in the US, you can purchase a copy of Red Copper Skillet Cooking Cookbook at bulbhead.com for $12.99.
The Red Copper Square Dance Pan can be purchased for $19.99. Other Red Copper products are also available.
Shipping is FREE on orders over $50 or $5 Flat Rate. Please note: Bulbhead currently only ships within the USA.
Andrea resides in Calgary, Alberta, and is the proud mom to five boys between the ages of 7-23. Running mainly on coffee and sarcasm, in her spare time she enjoys listening to Canadian Rock, watching Calgary Flames hockey, reading YA Dystopian novels, and binge watching Netflix.
Disclosure: I received samples for testing and review purposes. Opinions in this post are honest, and my own, and have not been altered or influenced in any way.
Need social media management? Looking for an enthusiastic ambassador for your brand? Connect with me to discuss potential collaborations at amomsperspectives AT yahoo DOT com.