Cabbage Roll Stuffed Peppers
When I made my One-Pot Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole, I ended up with double the amount of food as I was expecting. I knew that there was no point in freezing the leftovers for a future meal as frozen leftovers rarely get eaten in my house so I decided to use up the leftovers creatively and make stuffed peppers. What I thought was a budget dinner (the complete Cabbage Roll Casserole meal came in under $13) turned into a double duty meal. For both days, the total spend on ingredients was around $18, and there were even some leftovers for lunch on day three.
Day Two: Cabbage Roll Stuffed Peppers
This recipes serves 3-4, or 6 if using as a side-dish.
- 1/2 of the One-Pot Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole recipe
- 3 Bell Peppers (any colour)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar)
- Cut your peppers in half, and clean the insides out and dry
- Place into a baking dish (do not grease)
- Stuff the peppers generously with the Lazy Cabbage Roll filling
- Sprinkle peppers with cheese
- Bake at 400˚ for about half an hour until peppers are tender and filling is heated through
- Serve with your choice of sides – we had salad and baked beans
The cost for the original Lazy Cabbage Roll recipe was under $13. I used half of it for the peppers, so about $6.50. I used an additional $4.84 worth of ingredients for the peppers recipe which brings the total of tonight’s dinner to under $11.50.
- 3 pack of tri-coloured peppers $1.97 (on sale at Walmart)
- Baked Beans 87¢
- $1 worth of cheddar and mozzarella
- We used under $1 worth of Salad (I buy the big containers of Spring/Baby lettuces)
- Salad dressing, on hand
Andrea resides in Calgary, Alberta, and is the proud mom to five boys between the ages of 7-23. Running mainly on coffee and sarcasm, in her spare time she enjoys listening to Canadian Rock, watching Calgary Flames hockey, reading YA Dystopian novels, and binge watching Netflix.
Need social media management? Looking for an enthusiastic ambassador for your brand? Connect with me to discuss potential collaborations at amomsperspectives AT yahoo DOT com.