Crock Pot Chicken & Noodles over Mashed Potatoes
Makes 4-6 servings
Autumn and winter I look for foods that are hearty, filling, that “stick to your bones” so to speak. Budget friendly, and easy to prepare, are also essential. The first time I made Crock Pot Chicken & Noodles over Mashed Potatoes I wasn’t sure what to expect. I mean, noodles AND mashed potatoes? In the same dish? ON PURPOSE? But let me tell you, this was delicious AND even passed my 10 year old’s taste test. It also gets the approval of Chris who isn’t a huge fan of chicken OR noodles. I’m definitely adding this to my repertoire alongside this Instant Pot Chicken Breast recipe I found the other day.
For us, this is the perfect Sunday dinner, but it also makes for a great comfort meal any day of the week. It may not look pretty, but it tastes pretty awesome, and makes for a satisfying and filling dinner.
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cans chicken broth (I used 2 cans of water and a Knorr Homestyle Stock Bouillon – Chicken)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (I used Campbell’s but any brand will work)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup broken spaghetti noodles
- onion powder, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, black pepper – to taste
- prepared mashed potatoes (2 1/2 lbs potatoes peeled and boiled, milk, butter) *use your favourite mashed potato recipe – I made garlic mashed potatoes*
- Add broth, soup and butter in crock pot. Mix together.
- Place chicken on top of the soup mix.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasonings to taste.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Add noodles, and stir.
- Continue to cook for 1-2 hours until noodles are cooked and soft.
- During this time, prepare your mashed potatoes.
- Serve chicken & noodles over mashed potatoes with vegetables or a salad on the side.
You can find more great delicious dishes using the Instant Pot Recipes Finder: The Best Search Engine for Instapot Beginners
Andrea resides in Calgary, Alberta, and is the proud mom to five boys between the ages of 7-23. Running mainly on coffee and sarcasm, in her spare time she enjoys listening to Canadian Rock, watching Calgary Flames hockey, reading YA Dystopian novels, and binge watching Netflix.
Need social media management? Looking for an enthusiastic ambassador for your brand? Connect with me to discuss potential collaborations at amomsperspectives AT yahoo DOT com.