Don’t Dump Dumpty!
A Game for the Whole Family!
I like to add at least one new game onto our games shelf for March/Spring/Easter break. We have most of the classic/staple games, so I like to look for games that are unique, with a high fun factor. Because my kids fight often, I seek out games that can be played alone OR together. This year, our new game is from BeginAgain Toys.
I am always on the search for fun toys and games that can grow with my kids: toys that will last for longer than a few months to a year; toys that are engaging, educational, and fun; toys that encourage creativity, and force the kids to use their imaginations. I love the classic staple toys that can be found in most households (and we have most of those, too), but I also love when I come across a toy or game (or toy company) that is unique, and has high educational and fun factors. Finding a toy company that is also eco-friendly? I’m sold already!
Earth Day is April 22. We are trying to buy more eco-friendly products, we are re-using what we can, recycling what we can’t, and trying to limit our garbage production as much as possible. I try to buy products that come in recyclable containers/packaging, and I look more and more for products that are kinder to the Earth.
Recently I was introduced to an eco-friendly toy company called BeginAgain Toys. Their philosophy is to provide toys that teach, challenge, and let kids explore.
What you need to know about BeginAgain Toys:
- Kids are the noisemakers, so NO batteries are required for ANY BeginAgain product.
- BeginAgain believes in using plants before plastics!
- Toys are made from plant-based materials when possible. Materials are rubberwood, natural rubber, maple wood and beech wood. When necessary, eco-friendly plastics made with corn starch, wheat starch, reclaimed wook and recycled plastic are used.
- Rubber Tree: BeginAgain Toys uses sustainably harvested wood for wooden toys; Rubber Tree sap for natural rubber bath toys; 100% recycled USA made plastics (recycled polypropylene #5 yogurt cups, food containers, etc); Wheat and Corn start (bioplastics) made in the USA.
BeginAgain has a wide selection of toys for all ages. They have three age categories for searching for toys: 0-2 years, 2-4 years, and 5+. These are, of course, just guide lines. I find my kids generally play with a toy long after they have technically aged out of it.
What I really love about BeginAgain Toys, beyond the natural materials and no batteries, are the learning and fun potential that each toy has.
For our March Break game this year, I picked Don’t Dump Dumpty. I love that the boys can play this on their own OR with each other (or with their Dad or myself). I’m not surprised that my 9 year old was the most excited, and has been playing with this more than his brothers, although all of the boys have really enjoyed this. I have even caught my 19 year old playing with it (but don’t tell him I caught him, he thought he was being sneaky)!
Don’t Dump Dumpty Highlights:
- Numbers can be used to develop basic math skills (counting, odd/even)
- Challenge older players to accumulate points
- 2015 NAPPA Gold Award
- Working Mother’s Best In Play Award 2015
- Featured in Popular Mechanics & Kiwi Magazines
- Made from eco-friendly, all natural rubberwood with non-toxic, child-safe stains
- Comes with wood storage tray for easy clean-up
- There are TEN ways to play Don’t Dump Dumpty! Family Games, Learning Games and Balance Games!
What we LOVED :
- Don’t Dump Dumpty is VERSATILE! My 7 year old loved playing with it, as did my 19 year old! With so many different ways to play, it is good for everyone ages 2 and up.
- It can be played ALONE or in pairs/groups. The boys preferred to play it alone but it is a perfect family game.
- The instructions are right on the game tray (no lost, missing, or ripped instruction sheets). Because all of the pieces fit back nicely into the tray for storage, cleanup is easy.
- Don’t Dump Dumpty inspires creativity and is an imagination starter. It is a flexible game where almost anything goes (there is no right or wrong), and I caught the boys making up their own games, and rules (especially my youngest) in addition to playing the games listed on the tray.
- Most of all, I love how this is the sort of game that will grow with the boys. It is not the type of game they will outgrow any time soon, and it has quickly found a permanent place on our games shelf. Don’t Dump Dumpty contains years and years of play time fun and learning opportunities.
All toys and games can be ordered online directly from BeginAgain. International shipping is available (rates will vary and are based on your order). For USA orders, FedEx Smart Post is a flat rate of $5!
You can also find BeginAgain toys and games sold on amazon and select toy retailers!
If you would like to learn more about BeginAgain Toys and their amazing catalogue of inspiring toys, you can visit them online or connect with them on social media!
Andrea resides in Calgary, Alberta, and is the proud mom to five boys between the ages of 7-22. Running mainly on coffee and sarcasm, in her spare time she enjoys listening to Canadian Rock, watching Calgary Flames hockey, reading YA Dystopian novels, binge watching 90s television on Netflix, and entering contests.
Disclosure: I received Don’t Dump Dumpty for testing and review purposes. Opinions in this post are honest, and my own, and have not been altered or influenced in any way.
Need social media management? Looking for an enthusiastic ambassador for your brand? Connect with me to discuss potential collaborations at amomsperspectives AT yahoo DOT com.