A Fun Sick-Day (or Rainy-Day) Activity
Making your own goop at home is super easy. All you need is cornstarch and water (and food colouring if you want to add colour).
Kristopher is sick (again) but he didn’t want to have a nap, and he was bored with TV so we decided to make some goop to keep him busy while his brother’s were still at school. All you need is water, food colouring and cornstarch (and baggies).
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- food colouring
- Boil water in medium sauce pan. Take off heat.
- Add cornstarch and stir constantly until smooth (I used a hand blender and then switched to a whisk for adding the food colouring).
- Slowly add food colouring until you reach the desired colour (or leave food colouring out if you want clear goop).
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- The goop will be MESSY! For less mess you can put into a baggie and seal (our preferred method).
Andrea resides in Calgary, Alberta, and is the proud mom to five boys between the ages of 7-22. Running mainly on coffee and sarcasm, in her spare time she enjoys listening to Canadian Rock, watching Calgary Flames hockey, reading YA Dystopian novels, and binge watching 90s television on Netflix.
Need social media management? Looking for an enthusiastic ambassador for your brand? Connect with me to discuss potential collaborations at amomsperspectives AT yahoo DOT com.