Netflix: My Not-So-Secret Secret Addiction
If you know me, you know that I have 5 things that I love more than anything else in the whole world (after my children of course). I love my hockey (Go Flames Go), my coffee, my music (I’m not embarrassed to scream to the world how much I LOVE Nickleback!), my YA Dystopian novels, and my Netflix.
Yes, Netflix is my not-s0-secret secret addiction. I can binge watch with the best of them, spending way too many hours after the kids go to bed watching whatever show I’m watching at the moment. I only watch ONE show at a time, and very often I lose track of the hours. It is one of the reasons why I am normally up until 1am (or later). Netflix. I just love Netflix, and it very rarely lets me down. I can count on Netflix to be there for me after a hard day with the kids, or when I just need a little “me” time. Netflix doesn’t judge, and Netflix doesn’t hurt (most of the time). It is like a warm hug, a hot cup of tea, and a cozy blanket all wrapped into one. Netflix is almost perfect, and I’m in love.
The Top Eleven Reasons Why I love Netflix
Because Ten wasn’t quite enough
- Of course, there are the basic reasons: $9.99 a month; I can pay with PayPal (or gift cards); I can watch on my phone, or my tablet, or my TV, or my computer (I prefer my computer); there is a wide selection of programming for everyone in my family; and we can have different profiles (so we don’t have to worry about someone else watching the same show and forgetting which episode we were on: Netflix remembers).
- The Kids Programming. Everything is here. Paw Patrol? Check. Scooby-Doo? Yup. TMNT? Of course. Pokémon? Transformers Rescue Bots? Lego? Yes, yes and yes!
- Original Programming. With such a wide variety of original programming not available on network TV, Netflix is the place to be. I loved Fuller House (both seasons, and I’m eagerly awaiting MORE). Hemlock Grove, Turbo Fast (kids), Stranger Things and The Ranch. All awesome.
- Because I live in a house of BOYS, Netflix allows me to sometimes catch up on my chick flicks (when I’m not binge watching my dramas).
- Roswell, Switched at Birth, The Secret Life of an American Teenager, Freaks and Geeks: I’m in some serious Teen Drama heaven here.
- Scandal (my current binge-watching obsession). Scott Foley. (Speaking of Scott Foley, Netflix Canada PLEASE GET FELICITY!)
- Prison Break. Its just good stuff.
- The Whedonverse. Well, some of the Whedonverse anyways. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Firefly. All here. And I may possibly watch them in their entirety every year or so. I might even pick out the musical episode of Buffy every couple of months for my own little sing along. By myself. Late at night. Maybe.
- X-Files. All original 9 seasons. Enough said.
- Supernatural. 11 seasons. 11 glorious, wonderfully amazing seasons. 11 seasons of Jensen Ackles. Jensen Ackles. Dean. 11 seasons of Dean.
- And my number ONE reason: Gilmore Girls. All 7 awesome seasons of Gilmore Girls PLUS the 4 part mini-series – Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. I’m not going to confirm or deny the rumours that I watch Gilmore Girls in its entirety every single year. I also won’t confirm or deny that I watched all four episodes of A year in the Life three times the weekend it premiered. Maybe I did, maybe I didn’t. (Of course I did).
*update* After writing this, it came to my attention that Buffy, Angel, X-Files and Firefly will be leaving Netflix US on April 1. This is the one time Netflix has hurt my feelings, and (if I lived in the US) going forward I would have to rely on my old school DVD collection to fulfill my Buffy and Angel needs. Thankfully, I’m in Canada so Netflix is still currently providing me with my Buffy-fix. I love you Netflix, but the idea of my favourite shows leaving hurts (but just a little).
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post, I just really really love Netflix! All opinions are mine and have not been influenced or altered in anyway.
Andrea resides in Calgary, Alberta, and is the mom to five boys between the ages of 6-22. Running mainly on coffee and sarcasm, in her spare time she enjoys listening to Canadian Rock, watching Calgary Flames hockey, reading YA Dystopian novels, binge watching 90s television on Netflix, and entering contests.
Need social media management? Looking for an enthusiastic ambassador for your brand? Connect with me to discuss potential collaborations at amomsperspectives AT yahoo DOT com.