Control the Roll
Will you control the roll? Thumb Chucks is a skill toy that can create endless trick combos. Portable and lightweight, you can practice anywhere – at the beach, walking down the street, or taking it easy at home. Feel free to mix and match the detachable chucks to suit your personal style.
Twirl, flip and twist Thumb Chucks around your fingers to perform awesome tricks. Two high-bounce plastic “chucks” have built in pulse LED lights and are connected with a “belt”. Master a wide range of tricks from intermediate to advance!
- Thumb Chucks are a great activity toy that fit right into your pocket. Time to unplug and control the roll.
- Recommended for ages 5+
- Available in 4 fun colours: red, orange, green and blue!
Download the FREE APP for more interactive play!
- FREE App Available for iOS and Android
- App includes 30+ tutorials that teach a variety of tricks
- App includes an easy to use recording feature with built in special effects to enhance and personalize your Thumb Chuck videos!
Check out this recent review from TTPM! TTPM is my FAVOURITE website for staying up to date on all the new toys, and I visit them several times a week to see what they are playing with, and what new toys they recommend!
What we thought
First, let me start by saying my 9 year old was SUPER excited to receive these in the mail. I mean JUMP UP AND DOWN excited. He knew EXACTLY what they were, and I didn’t need to give him any explanation at all. My younger two had no idea what Thumb Chucks were but were excited to find out.
THOMAS has spent countless hours watching YouTube videos and practicing. He’s still learning, but he loves these and since he fidgets a lot (he can never just sit still or have his hands idle), these give his hands something to do. I know he doesn’t LOOK excited in this video, but trust me: HE WAS EXCITED (he just hates being on camera).
HAYDEN hasn’t put down the Thumb Chucks since he got them. He’s not so good at the tricks (he’s 7), and he’s not so good at sitting patiently to watch the YouTube videos to learn the tricks either BUT he loves playing his own games with them, as does Kristopher (who refused to have any photos taken).
And that leaves me. What do I think?
- I like the price point. At only $9.99, they are a nice, simple, affordable toy.
- I like the play factor. Like a Yo-Yo, Thumb Chucks provide hours of entertainment, and the tricks are actually quite challenging and take concentration and practice.
- Because my boys don’t really get along well, I LOVE that these can be played independently.
- I like that these give Thomas something to do with his hands, and has all but replaced some really annoying “games” he was obsessed with that were really driving me up the wall (Knife Game and Water Bottle Flip…seriously, if I have to listen to the Knife Game Song one more time I might just spontaneously combust).
- I also like that there really is no right or wrong way for the boys to use their Thumb Chucks. They can learn the tricks, or they can create their own, or they can just play around with them. My only rules: no throwing them, no using them as weapons against one another, and hands off your brother’s Thumb Chucks!
- I was worried that these would be a quick fad and that after a day or two the boys would lose interest, but that hasn’t been the case. They have already clocked hours and hours of play time with no sign of getting bored with them.
- In all honesty, Thumb Chucks take me back to a much simpler time, when toys were just toys that were powered not by technology but by imagination! You don’t need the app, or the YouTube tutorials to be able to play. All you need are your hands and your imagination. Simple, quiet, captivating.
For whatever it is worth, Thumb Chucks get my “Mom-Seal-of-Approval.”
For instructional videos and more information, visit Thumb Chucks on Youtube or on their official website!
In Canada, Thumb Chucks will be available at Toys R Us, Mastermind Toys, Walmart, Chapters/Indigo and Amazon ARV ($9.99)
Andrea resides in Calgary, Alberta, and is the proud mom to five boys between the ages of 7-22. Running mainly on coffee and sarcasm, in her spare time she enjoys listening to Canadian Rock, watching Calgary Flames hockey, reading YA Dystopian novels, binge watching 90s television on Netflix, and entering contests.
Disclosure: I received samples from Thumb Chucks for testing and review purposes. Opinions in this post are honest, and my own, and have not been altered or influenced in any way.
Need social media management? Looking for an enthusiastic ambassador for your brand? Connect with me to discuss potential collaborations at amomsperspectives AT yahoo DOT com.