Whipped Shortbread is one of my childhood favourites, and it simply is not Christmas unless these are including on the cookie trays. I have it on good authority that Santa is also a huge fan of these cookies and we wouldn’t want to disappoint the big man! My Mom uses a recipe that calls for cornstarch, but I prefer this simpler recipe. These are soft, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
*HINT* You will need a stand mixer or hand mixer to make these. Mixing by hand won’t give you the correct texture and the cookies won’t turn out the same.
- 1 cup cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Candied cherries (optional)
- Parchment paper for lining baking sheets
- Preheat oven to 275˚
- Cream together the butter and icing sugar, and slowly add in the flour. Whip (using your stand or hand mixer) for 5-6 minutes. This is the MOST important step.
- Scoop onto baking pan (lined with parchment paper)
- Add cherries onto top of cookies, if desired
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until set and bottoms are lightly golden
- Let cool completely before putting in an air tight container for storage
I am not sure how long these Whipped Shortbread cookies will last because they never last longer than a week in my house. Store at room temperature in an air-tight container.
Andrea resides in Calgary, Alberta, and is the proud mom to five boys between the ages of 7-23. Running mainly on coffee and sarcasm, in her spare time she enjoys listening to Canadian Rock, watching Calgary Flames hockey, reading YA Dystopian novels, and binge watching Netflix.
Need social media management? Looking for an enthusiastic ambassador for your brand? Connect with me to discuss potential collaborations at amomsperspectives AT yahoo DOT com.